Been working on a few things, a few code projects included...
Just a small processing sketch that follows the action of half a sine wave.
This one is the output of another processing sketch that outputs a structured binary pattern based off of a text file. Each element in the pattern is reflective of a bit and was structured to follow the layout of the original Louis Vuitton pattern, with the repeating LV and star elements broken by the flower emblem. This particular output was based off of the text, "More money than sense."
In the interim (IE a while ago..) I'd also gotten to visit the NYC Worlds MakerFaire! During the visit I got to see many wonderful things...
Tormach personal CNCs, The Wazer desktop waterjet that cause quite a stir recently, the Glowforge, A huge pellet fed delta 3D Printer, a few Cube's, and Genuine Original Prusa i3 MK2's, one of which had the 4 filament mod that was up and running.
Another fun thing...
|TA-DA, 50 sqft. of insomnia.|
I've got studio space!
Over the past few months I've been a member at the wonderful Artisans Asylum in Somerville, MA. AA (A wonderful acronym, I know) is a member funded makerspace that has all sorts of wonderful tools available for use, and in addition had work-space available for rent. After a couple of months on the waitlist I was able to secure a small work area that I'll be able to store and use my tools at.
While I do have my printer now in the space, what it doesn't show is the cracked frame and rusted bearings. It got UPS'd. :(
Anyways, I've just recently gotten it set up to a working state and have been working on a piece....
It's primarily based around an Arduino and an Adafruit data-logging sheild. I wont go into too many details on it, but I'm very excited to work on it more.
Post a Comment